It’s been years since I saw Grandma’s place in Kiangan so
when Mom told me to go with her to visit Appu (Tuwali word for grandpa/grandma) and to see the house as well, I packed
my overnight bag and we set off.
Appu is from Nagacadan, Kiangan-
a 40 minute ride from
Ifugao’s capital town Lagawe. It’s where you can find the Nagacadan Open Air Museum which is currently being promoted as one of tourist attractions in
Kiangan.
Here’s some shots I took from my camera phone.
The months of July and August usually means harvest time in
the Ifugao agricultural calendar. People were almost done with the harvesting of the rice crops and some paddies are already weeded and cleaned ready for the next planting cycle.
After almost an hour of hiking, we finally reached Appu's house. It's still the same as I remember it- lush greens and the wet, earthy smell.
![]() |
| Walking behind these children |

![]() |
| Hurray! Electricity and Cellphone Reception finally! |
![]() |
| Appu's humble abode :-) |

On our way back home..
Do come visit the Nagacadan Open Air Museum when you come to Ifugao. See ya!











